Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Faux Bamboo Cart

Yes. I have now officially joined the club of faux bamboo cart owners. I do love my glam, so there was no turning back once my eyes landed on its greatness. I am in the process of moving things around a bit in the formal, so please excuse the inconsistencies.

With these carts you can go either HOLLYWOOD REGENCY, or CITY ECLECTIC. Both tickle my fancy a bit, and shall be revealed once the decorating is done throughout the casa. At this point, this cart could end up in the den, office, or formal. My need to break up the gold factor in the image below, just hit me. It’s as though I don’t look at the space everyday. How could I have missed this? But all in all, I love each piece. Even my baby shoes.

DSC_0332DSC_0322DSC_0319DSC_0318DSC_0314DSC_0310DSC_0309DSC_0306DSC_0300DSC_0299

Here are a few pieces that I found online. Most are adorned with alcohol, but since we don’t really drink, that look is not an option for us. Just not realistic at all, unless maybe a Dr. Pepper or Sprite. Just kidding. I dare not put soda on the cart.

living rooms - Atomic 28 Floor Lamp geometric rug abstract art greek key polished chrome bar cart lamps leather settee ivory drapes ivory yellow blue graphic rug soft gray walls living room

living rooms - french brass antique mirrored cocktail table nesting tables sand linen sofa chairs blue tufted chairs marble fireplace polished nickel rolling bar cart

dens/libraries/offices - Wall collage  Devil Wears Prada Wall collage   desk, chair, mirror, photo gallery and bar cart.

living rooms - Valspar - New Black - black wall lucite table vintage bar cart ikea barstools cowhide rug sunburst mirrors  living room. black

What’s your take on carts?

 

High Fives & Hugs,

Tamara Styles

images via Google, Decorpad

32 comments:

Rashon Carraway said...

Well...ahem. I you know I just scored a really good one the other day. So I am a huge fan of bar carts.

Where did you copt yours from?

I really like the images. New camera? I'm getting old?



Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Mimi said...

The cart is a nice addition to your room. Like the way you accessorized it. Love the other images too. If I had a large enough bathroom, I'd put a cart in there for toiletries in beautiful containers.

Samantha @ Black Velvet Chair said...

In the words of Kimora lee Simmons "Fabulosity" I Love it!

Brixton Nole said...

I love my brass cart, but I'm really jealous of folks lucky enough to score one that's faux bamboo! Great find!

Anet said...

ideal interior

Prissy said...

Its a fabulous piece. You have great taste & a great sense of style

Prissy

Unknown said...

Wow these bring back memories! I just sold my bar cart 2 weekends ago at a garage sale - score for someone (My BFF) $18 bucks!! She's in heaven and I know its in a good place!

Enjoy yours! I especially like the one with the Patron on the cart! That's MY drink! :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your home styling ideas. Can I hire you to do my whole house when we move? LOL

Mindy said...

I absolutely love the look and fuctionality of a cart. It's very 1950's cocktail hour! It kind of takes you back to a much more glamorous era - even sans cognac.
Love it.
xo
Mindy

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

sure LOVING this cart!! and the accessories you decorated on it!! oh and that GOLD color!!! ;)

ALR said...

Thanks Tam, now I am going to look for a cart:) You sold me. Everyone needs a pop of glam...everyone.

Style Chic 360 said...

I love the cart in your space. It really looks nice.

Sing of Singature Style said...

I like it, especially in your space.

Unknown said...

Love the cart idea! I also LOVE your living room! You're giving me so many great ideas for my new house. Thanks!

Bee Bee said...

I just saw something like this over at Mr. Goodwill Hunting. I am not a drinker either so I really like how you've used it.

Unknown said...

I'm think bar carts are cute!! I wouldn't put alcohol on mine either, but I love pretty bottles of lemonade so that would be a must for me

Veronica said...

Love the cart! Just purchased a similar one this weekend... has handles on both sides though and the shelves are glass. $20 @ Goodwill. Found one that looks EXACTLY the same, except that mine is gold and this one is plated in nickel... $1,950 on 1stDibs. Score! I'm not sure what is with some of the prices on there... but it makes me feel better about my find!

Here is the link: http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture_item_detail.php?id=499231

###### said...

I bought mine from White Elephant. My husbands favorite store. I am glad yall love carts...not just me.

Kim - Commander-in-Chic said...

**Drooling.......** I've been stalking craigslist but this creature continues to evade me...sigh!! No, you are definitely not alone in your adoration!!

Toyin O. said...

Everything looks fabulous, thanks for sharing:)

Unknown said...

I LOVE carts like that!!! (and those baby shoes are adorable)

Joi said...

Looking good, T!!!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Welcome to the club! Yours is fantastic!

Beau lifestyle said...

Tam, it is very pretty, and I like that the from the first picture to the third it´s getting even prettyer, you added the sheepskin on the chair, the way you displayed the books and those little shoes... i am sold!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that cart and actually I think it looks great in the formal but it would great in your office too!

Design Collective Houston said...

You have just inspired me to revamp my bar cart! Going to Home Depot today...LOL! I LOVE IT!

Kim {The Stylish Life} said...

Love that cart. I have always wanted one. Now I will surely be on the lookout for one. I love the books and other items you added to it.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Hey you! I love it...!! you scored BIG time! I like how you out the chair next to it with the sheepskin...HAUTE! :)))

Coralie said...

I love this movie !
I like your blog !

If you like french fashion, you should check out mine, and maybe follow me if you like it :)


xx



www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I haven't found one so I use a little dresser. Cute as well but I would still love to find one. Love it!

Jazz said...

My take on carts: YES, PLEASE!

I agree w/ Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting, the images are gorgeous and Definitely eyecandy ;0) you have a good eye for styling. Oh and the baby shoes... you're killin' me!! they're soo d@amn cute! That little hint of unexpectedness on the cart is worth it's weight in gold.

In my best McDonald's sing song voice, "I'm Loving it!"

~Jazz

Anonymous said...

I just got a mid century crome and glass style milo baughman style 1970 brass bar cart. I am selling it. If interested contact me at frogsrock55@hotmail.com